Go to Homepage



Dealing with Insurance Companies after a Car Accident

Posted on in Car Accidents

Wisconsin injury attorney, Wisconsin accident lawyer, Wisconsin car crash attorneyYou don’t think much about your car insurance company until you have been in a car accident. But, once you have had an accident, you will be dealing with them and any insurance company that insures the other driver, a lot. When the cause of an accident is clear, people often mistakenly think dealing with the insurance companies should not be a big deal.

Does Your Insurance Company Represent You?

The most important thing for you to realize is that no insurance company technically represents you in your car accident case. Even your own car insurance company is looking after their own interests. Insurance companies are for-profit organizations that do not make profits by paying out more than necessary in car accident claims.

Even when another driver is at fault for the accident, your insurance company is not going to help you recover damages from the other driver. You may even have difficulties getting your insurance company to pay for your property damage to your car, depending on the situation.

The Role of Insurance Adjustors

After a car accident the person you will deal with the most at the insurance company is the adjustor. Insurance adjustors are professionals. Many of them have dealt with hundreds or even thousands of car accident claims. They know personal injury law far better than you do.

Adjustors are regulated by the state and have certain ethical guidelines. But, they work for the insurance company. They are not neutral. Adjustors work to determine who is at fault for an accident. They then look at factors such as the property damage and the injuries and make a determination about the estimated value of the claim.

After this is done, the adjustor’s primary job is to settle the claim for less than the amount they estimated the claim could potentially be worth.

Protecting Your Rights

You have a right to be compensated for your injuries that were caused by someone else’s negligence. You do not have to face the insurance company by yourself. The insurance company has teams of experts and years of experience on their side. You need someone who will stand up for you and make sure your rights are protected.

If you or someone you love has been hurt in a car accident, you need to talk with a skilled and experienced Milwaukee personal injury lawyer. You only have so much time to bring a claim. Call the law firm of Gimbel, Reilly, Guerin & Brown LLP at 414-271-1440 today to setup your consultation.



Back to Top