Max T. Stephenson
Max T. Stephenson is an attorney in the family law department at Gimbel, Reilly, Guerin & Brown LLP. Max helps clients work through the complicated and often emotional times of a divorce. His practice also includes representing clients in paternity actions, post-judgment actions, guardianships, and injunctions. A graduate of Marquette University School of Business Administration (’10) and Marquette University Law School (’13), Max joined the firm as a law clerk in 2012.
Max was a Global Village Participant for Habitat for Humanity while in college and continued his course of giving back in law school when he was inducted into the Pro Bono Society (requiring a minimum of 50 hours of pro-bono services). While a student at MULS, Max served as the Chief Justice of the Moot Court Association and competed in the Jenkins’ Honors Moot Court Competition (an honor bestowed upon the top twenty percent of AWA students). His dedication to giving back remains strong as he serves as a part of the coaching staff for the National Moot Court Competition team.
When Max is not serving his clients at GRGB, he enjoys spending time outdoors, either hiking with his wife and dog or mastering his skills on the barbecue.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Wisconsin, 2013
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 2013
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- B.S. - 2010
- “General Updates in Family Law”
Honors and Awards
- Thomas More Law Scholar
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member, 2013 - Present
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Member, 2013 - Present
- The Leander J. Foley, Jr. Matrimonial American Inn of Court, Member, 2014 - Present
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association, Secretary