Jason D. Luczak
Jason D. Luczak is a trial and appellate attorney at Gimbel, Reilly, Guerin & Brown in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He represents clients in a variety of practice areas, including criminal and white collar defense, administrative and licensing matters, and civil litigation in the state and federal courts, as well as municipal courts and administrative agencies throughout Wisconsin and Illinois. His experience includes trying serious felonies and other charges in state and federal court and briefing and arguing appeals before the Wisconsin Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. Jason is licensed to practice law in Wisconsin and Illinois, as well as before the U.S. District Courts in Wisconsin, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Jason is a 2008 graduate of Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he was a member of the school’s nationally recognized trial team. When he was in Chicago, he worked on post-conviction and death penalty cases and appeals through the Law Offices of Chicago-Kent College of Law. While at Chicago-Kent, he received the CALI Award for Trial Advocacy, Legal Writing, Criminal Appellate Advocacy and International Human Rights. Jason graduated summa cum laude from Ball State University in 2005, with a B. A. in Television News and Political Science, where he was an anchor and reporter for a local PBS station.
In addition to his law practice, Jason is currently an adjunct associate professor of law, teaching the trial skills competition course at Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee. He also coaches the Marquette National Moot Court Competition team, which won the regional competition and advanced to the national finals in 2013.
Jason is a past President of the Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association (MYLA), and has been recognized as a Wisconsin Super Lawyers Rising Star annually since 2011, and by the Wisconsin Law Journal as one of Wisconsin’s Up and Coming Lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Municipal Law
- Criminal Law
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Professional Licensing and Disciplinary Defense
- Wisconsin, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2008
- Illinois, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2010
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2011
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2008
- Ball State University
- B.A. summa cum laude - 2005
Honors and Awards
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers “Rising Star” , 2011 - 2012, 2014 - 2016
- Wisconsin Law Journal Up and Coming Lawyer - 2012
- CALI Award (Highest Grade in Law School Class) in Trial Advocacy, Legal Writing: Criminal Appellate Advocacy, and International Human Rights
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member, 2008 - Present
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Member
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers' Association, Secretary
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association