Emily I. Lonergan
Emily I. Lonergan is an associate at Gimbel, Reilly, Guerin & Brown in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Emily joined the firm in 2011, after graduating cum laude from Marquette University Law School. During law school, she served as the Chief Justice of the Moot Court Association, President of the Marquette chapter of the Wisconsin Association for Justice at Marquette and Vice-President of the Association for Women in Law. Emily also competed on Marquette's AAJ National Trial Team where she participated in a national mock trial competition focusing on civil law for all three years of law school. Additionally, she competed in a national moot court competition focusing on criminal law. And, she took part in the final round of a moot court competition judged by federal appellate and district court judges, where she won the school's award for Best Oral Advocate.
Emily’s practice is a diverse mix of both civil and criminal litigation. Her passion is to not just meet her clients' needs, but she strives to consistently exceed their expectations. Her down to earth style resonates with clients along with her natural ability to make people feel comfortable.
When Emily is not serving the clients at GRGB, she volunteers her time as the Chair of the Mock Trial Program for the State Bar of Wisconsin, and serves as a member of the State Bar’s Public Education Committee. Emily also volunteers with Wisconsin Election Protection. Emily has been named a Wisconsin Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2013 and was named and Up and Coming Lawyer by the Wisconsin Law Journal in 2015.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal and White Collar Defense
- Wisconsin, 2011
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2011
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 2011
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- B.A. - 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Member
- National Association for Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Wisconsin Association for Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013 - 2016