John has over 28 years of Paralegal experience working in the legal areas of plaintiff/defense personal injury, workers compensation, privacy and compliance, criminal defense and state/federal regulatory compliance and has the esteemed position of being one of the first non-lawyers to represent injured employees in workers compensation claims in the State of Wisconsin, having obtained his license to appear before the administrative agency in the state in 1989 and represented injured employees for over 14 years.
John has been highly involved in the Paralegal Association of Wisconsin since 1987, serving as Vice-President, President (5 terms) and NFPA Primary and Secondary. He currently serves the Association as Board Advisor and Co-NFPA Representative for this year, as well as Chair of the Professional Development and Public Relations Committees. John was also a founding member of the Wisconsin State Bar Task Force on Paralegal Regulation, serving from 1996 to 2004. This organization drafted the paralegal licensure petition heard by the Wisconsin Supreme Court. John also serves on the Board of Directors of the American Alliance of Paralegals, Inc. and is currently serving as the President of the organization.
John is a frequent speaker for state and national organization with topics ranging from paralegal regulation and ethics to litigation and workers compensation. He also co-authored a seminar manual titled "Discovery Skills for Paralegals," which was used by the Institute for Paralegal Education.
When he is not serving the clients of GRGB with his finely honed paralegal skills, John enjoys spending time with his wife, son's family and grandchildren. Additionally, he serves on the Board of Directors for the Little Red Store, which is the oldest building in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin and the oldest post office in the State of Wisconsin, as well as the Board of Directors of the Wauwatosa Historical Society. He is also an avid traveler and loves to take in Milwaukee's cultural scene.
Areas of Practice:
- White Collar Health Care
- Traffic and Municipal Law
- Criminal Defense
- Workers Compensation Law
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee - 1983 - Economics and Industrial Sociology
- Concordia University - 1987 - Paralegal Certificate
Honors and Awards:
- Wisconsin Paralegal of the Year - Paralegal Association of Wisconsin - 1997, 2005
- "Discovery Skills for Paralegals" - Manual utilized by Institute for Paralegal Education
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Paralegal Association of Wisconsin
President - 1998-1999, 2012-2013
- Chair of Professional Development Committee - 2004-Present
- Chair of Public Relations Committee - 2004-Present
- NFPA Primary/NFPA Secondary
Wisconsin State Bar Task Force on Paralegal Development - 1996-2004
- American Alliance of Paralegals, Inc. - Director of National Affairs - 2010-2015; President - 2016-Present
Pro Bono Activities:
- Milwaukee Area Technical College - Paralegal Advisory Board Chairman - 2012
- Little Red Store/Wauwatosa Historical Society, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin - Board of Directors