Britt A. Wegner
Britt has been involved in the legal community for over 15 years. She started at the Milwaukee Bar Association in 2002, first as a Coordinator for the Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS), then as Office Manager, and in June 2005, became the Director of the LRIS. In that year she also started the Waukesha County LRIS, which the MBA administers. In 2007, the MBA’s LRIS won the American Bar Association’s Cindy A. Raisch Award, which recognizes the enhancement of public service-oriented LRIS programs that provide access for moderate income consumers. In addition to running the LRIS, Britt was the staff administrator for the MBA’s Messenger Magazine, the annual Solo and Small Firm Conference; the MBA’s Mentoring Program; the Boy Scout and Girl Scout events; the “Choose Law” Program, which places attorney speakers at local schools; and the MBA’s Speakers Bureau.
Britt comes to GRGB with a passion for the Southeast Wisconsin legal community and several civic ties. She serves on the Board of the Milwaukee LGBT Community Center and the Planned Parenthood Leadership Council. She also volunteers with Make a Difference Wisconsin, a program that teaches financial literacy to high school students.
When not spearheading the marketing efforts for the firm, Britt enjoys her book club, giving food tours and traveling the world. She has traveled to over 30 states and 20 countries.
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee - B.A. Broadcast Journalism and Communications
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee - Nonprofit Management Graduate Program
Honors and Awards:
- American Bar Association - Cindy A. Raisch Award
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Milwaukee LGBT Community Center, Board Member
- Planned Parenthood Leadership Council, Co-Chair
- Center For Teaching Entrepreneurship, Past Board Member
- Washington High School, Past Board Member
- Bay View Community Center, Past Board Member