Russell J. Karnes
Russell J. Karnes is an associate at Gimbel, Reilly, Guerin & Brown LLP in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Russ joined GRGB in 2016. Prior to joining GRGB, he was the managing attorney of a local creditor’s rights law firm’s litigation department, where he also worked as a paralegal and law clerk during law school. He has substantial trial and appellate experience, and experience with civil litigation involving real estate, property, consumer credit laws, and municipal law. He also has experience in real estate transactions and estate planning.
Russ is a proud Milwaukee native and dedicated to serving the community. He also believes that his clients are best served when they can relate to their attorney on a personal level. He strives to use his extensive experience in complex civil litigation to provide practical and effective legal representation to his clients.
Russ graduated from Marquette University Law School in 2010 where he was a member of the Dean’s List. He also graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2003 with a B.A. in History. Russ is licensed to practice law in Wisconsin and has made court appearances in nearly every County in the State. He is also admitted to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, the Eastern and Western District Courts of Wisconsin, the Northern, Southern and Central District Courts of Illinois, the Northern and Southern District Courts of Indiana, and the Menominee Tribal Courts.
When he’s not serving his clients, Russ enjoys spending time with his family, especially his three daughters. He also enjoys taking trips to Wisconsin’s Northwoods and brewing beer.
Areas of Practice
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- Menominee Tribal Courts
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 2010
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
- B.A. - 2003
- Major: History