Christopher L. Strohbehn
Christopher Strohbehn joined the firm in 2002. He is known to work tirelessly as he helps clients through difficult situations. His even-tempered demeanor is of inestimable comfort in times of great uncertainty.
He has developed a diverse litigation practice that focuses on personal injury, commercial, civil, criminal and insurance coverage litigation. His strategic vision, affability and attention to detail allow him thrive in handling these complex cases that often overlap into multiple practice areas and venues.
Chris takes a pragmatic approach in each case with an eye on achieving the final goals of his client. He is open and forthright, even when he is giving news they do not want to hear and he believes the only way to communicate within the profession and with clients is through honesty and candor. To that end, Chris approaches each client as an individual. In his words “clients are more than just a number, I think it is crucial to have this mindset as an attorney; to see the real people involved in each case we work with.”
Previously, Christopher was President of the Milwaukee Young Lawyer's Association and was a member of the MYLA Board for six years. Today he remains active in its affairs. He also sat for a number of years as an alternate on the City of Milwaukee's Administrative Review and Appeals Board. He is a member of the Wisconsin Association for Justice and currently serves on the Membership Committee.
When he is not helping find solutions for his clients, Chris has served as President on the board of his downtown Milwaukee Condominium. He is a Rock Island native that enjoys cheering on the various sports teams from his home state of Illinois.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal and White Collar Defense
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Wisconsin, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2002
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 2009
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 2002
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. - 1999
- Should I Take a Case Against a Bar?, American Association of Justice Newsletter, February 2017
- Taking a Child Care Liability Case: Hurdles, Tips and Strategies, Wisconsin Association for Justice, The Verdict, 2008
Honors and Awards
- Selected to Wisconsin Super Lawyers, 2014 - 2016
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2009 - 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Milwaukee Young Lawyer's Association, Past President
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Member
- City of Milwaukee Administrative Review and Appeals Board, Alternate Examiner
- CLE Committee for the State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member